Is homemade baby formula safe?
We're not going to sugar coat things: Recipes for homemade formula are making the rounds on the internet, and potentially putting the health of infants and toddlers at risk. With all the supply chain and availability issues caused by the global COVID pandemic, and the controversy over heavy metals in formula and baby foods, we understand that taking matters into your own hands may seem like the best way to ensure a consistent supply of high quality nutrition for your little one. But, there are many reasons why you should opt for an organic option like Baby's Only® instead.
Let us explain...
When it comes to food, often homemade is better - it can taste good, can contain fewer preservatives, and can be more nutritious than its packaged counterparts. And, many parents believe that the same must hold true for infant and toddler formula. But babies need specific amounts of both macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, and fat) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) to grow and develop. Homemade formulas may contain too much or too little of certain nutrients, may include ingredients that are not appropriate or beneficial for your baby, and may not be prepared in appropriately-sanitized conditions.
We know you want the best for your growing family, and we do too. That's why Nature's One is dedicated to offering families organic formulas and nutrition products that meet the high nutritional standards required for commercially-prepared products AND parents' standards for ingredient quality and purity. We've always been committed to:
- Sourcing the best and most appropriate organic ingredients;
- Following specific nutrition guidelines regarding nutrient needs for children;
- Using strict quality assurance and manufacturing practices;
- Testing our products regularly for heavy metals and other problematic substances;
- Encouraging parents to consult with their child's healthcare provider regarding their nutrition, including the use of our formulas;
- Assuring the availability of our Nutrition Services staff to assist parents and healthcare providers in determining the appropriate use of our products. **
If you're interested in trying Baby's Only® formula for your little one, we'd love to send you a free full-sized sample. But - whatever formula or nutrition products you choose for your family - please be safe and follow the recommendations of healthcare professionals. Avoid websites promoting recipes and ingredients that make outrageous claims. And, if you have questions, check out the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics or reach out to us and we'll connect you with a Registered Dietitian on our team
All the best,
**For specific medical care and nutritional advice on product usage, please see your healthcare professional