Whether you're trying to conceive, already pregnant, or a new or nursing mom, it's important that you get the crucial nutrients needed for the health of both you AND your baby!
That's where our Mom’s Only™ Prenatal Support Nutritional Shake comes in! Unlike other prenatal products, our Mom’s Only™ shake contains a significant serving of important macronutrients (protein, fats including DHA, and carbohydrates) as well as micronutrients (13 essential minerals and 14 vitamins including choline).
The natural lemon chiffon flavoring of our Mom’s Only™ shake is subtle and pleasant - but we know a mom's tummy can be extra sensitive during and after pregnancy, and sometimes it helps to add some other tasty ingredients like fruit and veggies!
Our very own Dietitian, Tori Schmitt, had some fun in the kitchen developing a new recipe incorporating our very own Prenatal Support Nutritional Shake! Introducing...the Mom’s Only™ Green Breakfast Smoothie - just in time for St. Patrick's Day!
This green smoothie has a pleasantly sweet lemon flavor with a hint of banana. Don't worry - there’s no taste of spinach, yet you still get to enjoy all the gorgeous color and so many fantastic nutrients from it that help support prenatal health including folate, iron, lutein, and vitamin C.
This smoothie is a great option for pregnant mommas with morning sickness and/or aversions to vegetables, or to a nursing mom who wants a one-handed mini-meal/snack to sip on while she feeds her child!
How to make our Mom’s Only™ Green Breakfast Smoothie:
- 2 scoops Mom’s Only™ Prenatal Support Nutritional Shake
- 1 banana
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1/2 cup 2% cow’s milk (or your favorite milk or nondairy beverage)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice, or more as desired
1. Add the banana, spinach, milk, water, and 2 scoops of Mom’s Only™ Prenatal Support Nutritional Shake into a high-speed blender.
2. Blend on high until the smoothie is combined and smooth. If you have a Vitamix, use the tamper stick to further blend the ingredients.
3. Add in ice and blend until the smoothie reaches your desired consistency.
4. Serve and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you try, let us know what you think in the comments!