We're right in the middle of cold and flu season, and now more than ever, it's important to be prepared in case your little one starts feeling sick! One item that should definitely be in your cupboard is our electrolyte solution, PediaVance®!
When children become ill, they may experience dehydration due to vomiting and/or diarrhea. PediaVance® is an electrolyte solution that can help restore hydration! It's made with organic ingredients and does not contain artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. Our electrolyte solution also has the added advantage of zinc, which has been shown to help reduce diarrhea symptoms.
Ice pops can be an enticing treat for sick children, including children with a sore throat who may find some relief in a frozen option. Luckily, our PediaVance® Ice Pops allow your child to enjoy something sweet AND support optimal hydration at the same time!
Try out our PediaVance® Ice Pops recipe when your little one isn't feeling his or her best:
Under 10 minutes for mixing. Time needed for freezing varies.
- Your choice of PediaVance® Active Apple or Gleeful Grape
- 4oz of water
- Popsicle sticks
- Small ice cube tray (Try Mirenlife Silicone Ice Pop Molds for the “push pop” experience or Nuby Garden Fresh Fruitsicle Frozen Pop Tray for a smaller pop)
- Add 1 tube of PediaVance® to 4 ounces of water and pour solution directly into ice cube tray (repeat until tray is filled if desired).
- Place in freezer and monitor until the cubes are partially frozen. Once partially frozen, place a Popsicle stick in the center of each ice cube.
- Let the ice pops completely freeze prior to serving to your little one.
Please note: PediaVance® Ice Pops are appropriate for children 1 year of age and over. Any unused portion should be discarded.
Nutrient Information for 1 tube of PediaVance®:
Carbohydrate (grams): 3
Total sugars (grams): 3
Added sugars (grams) 3
Potassium (mg): 92
Chloride (mg): 147
Click here for additional nutrition tips for when your child is fighting an illness!
**For specific medical care and nutritional advice on product usage, please see your healthcare professional